Friday, April 12, 2013

Where's that Recipe?

Where's that Recipe?

If you search the web for recipe storage you'll get all sorts of results; boxes, websites, binders, bound books...the list goes on and on.  I thought about the card box: traditional, tried and true.  I had a binder (3" binder...yeah...) that I spent time printing oodles of recipes for when I moved out....that I never used... then a couple years back my mother-in-law got me some software called Living Cookbook.  Not only is this software super easy to use,  you can import recipes from the web (woot!), it gives the nutritional information (sometimes it's better not to know...haha!), and as if this isn't all awesome, it will let you print your own cookbook.  It will have a table of contents, index, and cover page...like so:


This is what the pages look like.  The ingredients and instructions are clear, the nutritional facts are easy to read, and print like this:


You can customize the colors (mine are purple and orange), and pretty much anything else you can think of, including sections and tags.  My personal favorite is the fact it will back up your files...which, in this day and age, is necessary.  I also like the fact that I can re-print any pages as needed.  Let's face it, cooking isn't clean, and we all know the recipes we use the most end up the most smeared and crunchy!

Having the search function in the software is nice too...especially when you've compiled.....ehm....over 160 pages of recipes and counting!

Check it out, it's well worth the money.  It makes sharing recipes easier too!!

That's it for this week.

Eat Happy!

1 comment:

  1. Hey OK. I'll go and have a look at Living Cookbook.

    Everyone seems to think recipes stored online is the safest way - but what if one day there is no internet? Think about it...

    ReplyDelete